myTAP Oral Appliance For Snoring & Sleep Apnea
myTAP precision fit oral appliance. The myTAP effectively treat snoring and sleep apnea and has been validated in over 45 independent peer reviewed clinical studies. It comes with a 30-day money back guarantee to help ensure this is the right treatment for you.
The myTAP is a treatment for snoring and sleep apnea based on the the TAP™ oral appliance, which has been clinically proven in over 45 independent peer-reviewed studies to treat snoring and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). The myTAP advances the lower jaw, preventing the tissues of the throat and tongue from collapsing into the airway.
The myTAP is made from a novel plastic that, when heated, softens and can be molded to the teeth. If reheated, the components will return to their original shape. This means that the myTAP can be refit as many times as needed for an accurate fit. The all-plastic hardware can be adjusted by the patient to determine how far forward the lower jaw is advanced.
The myTAP is intended for use by patients with mild to moderate sleep apnea. The myTAP is intended for single-patient use in the home, hospital or other clinical setting. A prescription for oral appliance therapy is required.
This device should not be used by patients with loose teeth, loose dental work, dentures, or other oral conditions that are not compatible with wearing an oral appliance. In addition, the appliance is not appropriate for patients who have central sleep apnea, severe respiratory disorders, or are under 18 years of age.
Do not use if any of the following apply:
• You are under active dental treatment.
• You have removable dentures or bridges.
• You have temporary crowns.
• You have loose teeth, loose crowns, or loose fillings.
• You have braces.
• You have less than 8 natural, healthy teeth in each arch.
• You have not seen a dentist within the last 12 months.
• You have a history of TMD, temporomandibular disorder.
• You have received dental implants in the past year
Possible Side Effects
There are possible side effects associated with the use of the myTAP:
• Slight tooth or gingival discomfort.
• Excessive salivation. This should improve as the patient becomes accustomed to wearing the device.
• Slight jaw soreness or tightness.
• Pain in the jaw joint.
• Temporary bite change. This may lessen approximately 30 minutes after the myTAP is taken out each morning.
• Movement of teeth.
• Permanent bite change.
• Gagging and claustrophobia.
• Unconsciously taking the myTAP out at night.
• Obstruction of oral breathing (possible with any oral appliance in the mouth).
- Prescription Required